Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Some days I'd rather steep in my own kettle

I commuted by bicycle today, and got a little wet when returning home, but not too badly. The forecast for tomorrow promises rain also, but I'm thinking of using the bicycle again. Have to see how it goes.

I didn't take any photographs today, the above are from yesterday. No, that is not quite true, I did take some photographs, of a tasty pie.

My daughter wanted to make a blueberry raspberry pie this evening, and she managed to make it almost by herself, using a recipe found from the net. It turned out very well indeed, and with a little bit of ice cream on top, what a treat. I think after commuting by bicycle one is allowed a little bit extra sweet to eat...

In fact, my weight is still going down. By the start of the summer I had lost 4-5 kg of weight since the beginning of this year, and now I have lost 2 kg more. And the muscle mass has gone up at the same time.

However, I'm not sure what will happen when the dark and cold winter time arrives. There will be challenges in the bicycle commute. It the temperature stays above freezing, it is quite ok, but when there is ice on the ground, that is not so good.

(Posting title is from the poem The Veggie Life by Michael Steffen.)

No comments: