Sunday, October 14, 2012

That’s the ticket to the tunnel through the thicket

I returned today to Meiko wilderness area, even though yesterday I was thinking that the drive there is just too long. But my second oldest daughter wanted to go for a walk also, so I went with her and her older sister to Meiko, the second time this weekend.

The drive took 1 1/2 hours in all, and we walked 1 1/2 hours, which is not so good when you start thinking about it. But the place was worth exploring, that I must admit. This time we went north of lake Meiko, first to lake Korsolampi, and then to the next one, lake Immerlampi.

There was no path shown on the map, so we went across the forest and the swamp, circling a bit because finding a good route on the slippery rocks wasn't always easy. When returning we found a good path, so then it was much easier.

(Posting title is from the poem Ecology by Jack Collom.)

No comments: