Monday, January 28, 2013

Wind rises, clouds arrive

I took these photographs on Sunday, while cross-country skiing. It was a rather gray day, thick clouds above, no sign of sun. But skiing was great, even though some muscles were a bit sore afterwards.

Today I got my bicycle back from service, it should be ok. I'm not sure whether I will commute by bicycle tomorrow, as I have some chores for which the car is needed.

(Posting title is from the poem Nine-Panel Yaak River Screen by Charles Wright.)

2 comments:

Cedric Canard said...

Juha, I know you never shoot (or process) in black and white but I would be interested to see photos 3, 4 and 5 processed that way. They are beautiful in colour but I feel they might gain yet more beauty in monochrome.

Have you ever done black and white work?

Juha Haataja said...

Cedric, never say never... Just the other day I made a b&w photograph, the second photograph in this posting, due to the different types of artificial light clashing all too much.

In 2010 I made a SoFoBoMo photo book titled "Summer in black and white squared", trying my hand in b&w. The book is available for viewing at Scribd and at Blurb.

A colleague commented that the first half of the book is rather plain, but towards the end there are some ok photographs. I think so too, but b&w is not really my thing.

Making photo books was rather interesting, but as SoFoBoMo no longer is running, it may be a while until I make such a book again.