Saturday, July 6, 2013

And we store up pleasure in our bodies

Yesterday I went with the children to Linnanmäki amusement park, for seven hours in all. I had to go twice back to the car to put coins in the parking meter, as I underestimated how much stamina and endurance the children have. Today muscles in the feet and in the back are a bit sore, and I got a slight sunburn in the nose, but it isn't so bad.

There were a lot of photographs, but they are still waiting for processing. Instead, here are some photographs taken a week ago in the north parts of Nuuksio, where I explored the region south of lake Saarijärvi and north of lake Myllyjärvi. This time I used the compass regularly and didn't get lost, even though some paths marked on the map had changed, due to forest cuts and dense undergrowth there.

(Posting title is from the poem Summer in a Small Town by Tony Hoagland.)

No comments: