Tuesday, July 2, 2013

You can say the broken word but cannot speak

A month ago six spokes were broken in the rear wheel of my bicycle, and I had the wheel repaired in a bicycle repair shop. Today I had a look at the bicycle and noticed that two spokes were broken, and I need to have the rear wheel repaired once again.

Or maybe I should start doing the repairs myself... Not really an option, as I'm not too good in anything that needs more advanced repair skills.

In any case, there will be once again a pause in commuting by bicycle. Since the beginning of May I have 1160 km on the bicycle, not too bad.

These photographs were taken on Saturday nine (ten?) days ago near lake Vaakkoi, where there is a cut in the forest, growing fireweed and other early species.

(Posting title is from the poem Wheel by Michael Palmer.)

No comments: