Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Little more than a drift of air

There were plenty of gulls at Linnanmäki amusement park, featuring in almost half of the photographs. Here is a sample.

I have done a bit of house-cleaning now that I'm on vacation. Well, not really house-cleaning, but I went through bills, receipts, tax decisions etc. since 2009, and organized those I need to keep and got rid of the rest. And quite a lot of paper there was to be thrown out.

Also, I noticed how much shopping I have done on the net, buying a printer, a wireless doorbell, etc. on the net, looking for the best deal. And most have been quite good purchases, even though there have been a couple of disappointments. But mostly the return policies of the shops have worked all right, I haven't been swindled in a big way so far, although there have been a couple of borderline cases with small purchases.

And some deals have been much better than I anticipated. For example, the wireless doorbell which I bought to replace the old one which was misbehaving all the time has been about perfect, no failures, and the battery is still going strong, after a year of use. And it only cost 17 euro or so, the cheapest I found on the net, and one of the best buys ever. Maybe I should be knocking on wood here in case I'm tempting fate...

(Posting title is from the poem Summer by Ronald Johnson.)

No comments: