Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Let it drop over my forehead tonight

I have been reading quite a lot of e-books recently, sometimes late in the evening, but now I feel that this may not be such a good idea, as I haven't been sleeping as well as usually. There has been some discussion that the blue light of the display may distort sleep, and this may well be the case with me. So, back to reading printed books.

The photographs were taken in Vaakkoi on July 31st.

(Posting title is from the poem Rock Me to Sleep by Elizabeth Akers Allen.)

2 comments:

Francesco said...

Hi Juha,
I use the Kindle 4 (not touch) and I don't have such blue light. Are you comfortable reading on ebook reader? I found lot of non-fiction ebooks with no links to footnotes or to references which were difficult to read. Moreover I use to browse through the books from cover to index to notes and this is not so convenient to do with the Kindle.
Best regards
Francesco

Juha Haataja said...

As far as I know, the display in Kindle is very different from LCD-type displays, and the problem of the blue light does not apply.

I have reading e-books borrowed from the local library, using the Overdrive system. I have been using a seven-year old Macbook for reading, and it works somehow, even though there are plenty of problems. One problem is that the new version of Overdrive software doesn't work for borrowing e-books, and I have been using the old version which dates to 2012 or so.