Sunday, September 27, 2015

So long that it seemed yesterday

This morning I intended to go for a somewhat shorter walk. I started from lake Myllyjärvi near Pirttimäki, and walked north towards Luukki. There was still a little bit of fog swirling on the lake. The weather was dry and sunny, but when I started it was rather cold, +5 °C, and +9 °C when I returned. I didn't get any deer fly, probably because it was too cold for them.

When the children were small we used to visit lake Myllyjärvi quite often, walking around the lake. When I got my first digital camera, Canon Ixus 400, I took plenty of landscape photographs at lake Myllyjärvi, and that was one factor why I got interested in photography after a pause of several years.

There were quite a lot of things to explore north of lake Myllyjärvi, and thus the walk took 2 h 20 minutes, much longer than planned, but it was good. This week I have got over 11 hours of exercise so far.

The photographs were taken at Odilampi on August 22nd and 23rd.

(Posting title is from the poem The Mill by Edwin Arlington Robinson.)

No comments: