Monday, February 23, 2009

Almost ok - but still afraid of the bug


Scratches, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Last night was quite something - I have never sweated so much, not even in sauna. And when the fever went down, it was very cold because of the damp bedclothes. Not something to treasure in memory.

I took a few photos inside the house, just to keep on practising. Here is one which I feel fits the feelings. I focused on the scratches, as I'm feeling quite scratched myself.

You may already have met the do-it-yourself random cd cover meme, but have a look if you haven't. I made a quick try on this, using my Flickr photoset as the source of photos, selecting one of the images (using random.org). As I have very little experience of using the type tools in Photoshop, this wasn't so easy, but at least I managed to put something together.

Update: The fever rose again to 38.6°C. It has been interesting to compare the symptoms with my wife, being sick simultaneously. In the "big picture" the illness has progressed more or less the same, but in the details and timing there are differences. This is not one of the brightest topics for discussion, however...

Update 2: I noticed an detailed and interesting posting on What's really in a pilot's kitbag? The writer describes a new type of bag for air travelers: "It includes a fold out section that houses a laptop, which the TSA now allows in lieu of taking the computer out of it's case. Flip out the laptop portion and let it slide through security. It's definitely been a time saver, especially when you have to go through the process two or three times a day." The nuisance of pulling the laptop out of the bag is inconvenient so this is quite interesting. And pilots should know these things best. But what is the connection to photography? The pilot who wrote the posting has an LX3 in the bag as the preferred camera.

No comments: