Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Being sick in bed


Old leaves in winter, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I got some kind of stomach bug, making it hard to stay up, so I have been most of the day in bed, going to the toilet every so often. I managed to read two books, first the science fiction (and satirical) novel "Atom" by Steve Aylett (in a Finnish translation), and then "The White Tiger" by Aravind Adiga. Atom was at first promising, and then turned out boring. The White Tiger seemed at first pretentious, but then it got much better, showing places in India few authors try to describe. I noticed on wikipedia that Adiga has a second novel out, titled "Between the Assassinations". I wonder whether that is as good?

I didn't take any photographs today, the image shown here is from yesterday, when it was sunny.

2 comments:

Andreas said...

Wonderfully dynamic. It's pretty high key, almost to the point of being washed out, but only almost. The stron color and the shapes of the foreground are cool. It's little bit like torn sails blowing in the wind.

Juha Haataja said...

Your point about sails is quite near the mark - there were gusts of wind, which made me first notice these leaves as they were being swirled around.