Monday, February 9, 2009

A walk at night - taking photographs of ordinary things


Marks in snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


View under the trees, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Moonshine parking, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Tree shapes, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

To end the day, here is a little photography story from today. I tried to see commonplace things with fresh eyes, but I'm not sure if I succeeded. In any case this is a motivating thing to do, trying to look at things a bit deeper, to think about them a bit before taking photographs. For example, in the second photo I combined a bit of motion blur with preciseness to achieve a bit of a fairy-tale feeling.

2 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

I think that the deep color saturation works well on these subjects.

Juha Haataja said...

I was a bit unsure about the brightness though, so I made a lighter version of one of the photographs. This is the one with motion blur, due to moving the camera slightly at the end of long exposure.