Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scatterbrained


Fresh snow, old ice, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Yet another day with the flu. Including the last night, here is the progression so far: 1) severe headache, 2) sweating, 3) muscle cramps, 4) cough, 5) exhaustion.

I'm feeling extremely tired. It seems that I can't hold a thought coherently for a longer time, instead I slip into a scatterbrained mode which never gets anywhere.

The medicine for the cough didn't seem to have much effect last night. I was kept awake by the cough which affected the whole body. Fortunately I finally fell asleep and got a couple of hours of sleep, until waking up in a half-coherent status.

I haven't been able to read much anything either, in contrast to the early days of the flu when I quickly read several novels despite having high fever. I hope this flu doesn't present any worse suprises.

No comments: