Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Drinking all night long


Blurry plant, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Sky stripes, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Yesterday I characterized the first three nights of the illness as distinct phases, like chapters in a book: 1) severe headache, 2) sweating, 3) muscle cramps. Well, the fourth one did have a change once again, namely: 4) cough. And not just any cough but full-body cough which seems to involve all muscles in the body.

During the night, I didn't get much sleep at all, but at least I had learned from the previous nights: removing bedclothes when I started to sweat, and drinking water every once in a while. In fact, I have got back 1.5 kg in weight already, and the muscle cramps have almost disappeared.

Today I went to see a doctor, who ordered a blood test taken. Well, at least this isn't caused by a bacterium, the diagnosis was "influensa susp". I got some medicine for the cough which should help sleeping, so perhaps I'll be more coherent tomorrow.

Lack of sleep it starting to have an effect. Yesterday, when I went shopping to fill the empty fridge, I was all the time forgetting things I was supposed to get, and had to go through the list again and again, double-checking, triple-checking, and even then I forgot something.

No comments: