Saturday, April 18, 2009

Colors rule once again - going through favorite photographs



Every so often I go through my photographs on Flickr and select some of them into a "favorites" set. I did this today, going through images between December 2008 and March 2009.

It is an interesting exercise, as I usually notice things I didn't notice when I took the images. Some photographs contain faults which I didn't originally notice. Things which shouldn't be there are sticking in from the sides etc. Some images are flat uninspiring. But then there are some that appear much better than I remembered.

Looking at the favorites set as a whole, it is apparent that color is one thing which often makes an image. I'm clearly partial to color, although I often try to work with gray tones and sometimes even black and white images.

The images in the favorites set are from between 08 Jun 2008 & 31 Mar 2009. I think I'll make a much tighter selection when one year of using Flickr comes up, selecting top 20 or top 30 images only.

In any case, I see photography as a process, not as a permanent record to be archived. I hope I'm continuously developing as a photographer. Some day I may even get inspired and perhaps achieve a personal vision and style. But for now I'll just keep on taking photographs and try to learn from them.

No comments: