Friday, April 24, 2009

Simple view


Shadow on red, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Greenery, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today evening I was tired and had stamina for only a short walk outside. The sun was low on the horizon and greated long shadows. Although I had the camera with me I didn't start exploring the views in earnest, instead I took a couple of snapshots and that was it.

Although I'm now tired I'm quite pleased with this week. There were several moments at work when I managed to provide some insight on a situation. It is a good feeling to be able to do this.

We are an IT company but we have a higher percentage of PhD's in the staff than many research institutes. I'm very much relying on the experience, intellect and insight of my colleagues in getting things done but sometimes even they can get stuck. And when this happens the challenge can be at first overwhelming. But nowadays we are getting good at working together.

The two images here are from today, showing different aspects of the evening sunshine. This was a good day, and it will be getting even warmer tomorrow: 15 °C and sunshine.

Not to forget: the Panasonic LX3 got the number one spot of recommended compacts at Serious Compacts. And it also got the number four spot of top-ten recommended cameras at The Online Photographer. Good choice! (42,590 photographs taken so far...)

Update: I created sets of my top 12 most viewed and most interesting photographs (as reported by Flickr). The only photograph on both lists is a black and white photograph of a pier. I haven't done much b&w photography but perhaps I should. A surprising photograph on the most viewed list is an image of the droppings of a European hare. I think this is due to the name I happened to give to the image, not the image itself.

No comments: