Monday, April 6, 2009

Natural/accidental still life


Moomin, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Dry bouquet on cold water, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


String theory, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I think I discovered another possible SoFoBoMo project which would be fun to try out - accidental combinations of man-made and natural elements, seen through the human viewpoint. But i think I'll stick with "35 Trees" nevertheless. And it may be that after the snow has melted there are less things of this sort to be discovered.

Here are three such images from today. It was fun to try to find this kind of images when walking around out in the nature. I didn't spend much time in taking photographs, more looking and less shooting, and that felt quite ok.

4 comments:

Ove said...

It's a cool idea, but can prove to be challenging when 35 of them must be produced in a very short time frame. You could always stick to the moomin characters and rip apart a book and spread out different parts of the pages in places where they come into context... :-)

Juha Haataja said...

Ripping apart a book... shudder ... But yes, it wouldn't be easy to get a nice connecting theme for the images. However, in a month you are able to do a lot of stuff, so it wouldn't be impossible. Not something I will try to do, though.

MT said...

I think this is a great idea for the sofomobo actually- nice one!
I am currently scratching my head desperatetly... wonder if "man becomes bald" is a worth while topic...

Juha Haataja said...

@MT: I was going to say "A hairy topic if any" but then I realized the contradiction.