Thursday, April 2, 2009

Grayness is not always bad


Muddy road, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Yellow van, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Wooden car, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

This was a gray day, but at least spring progressed thanks to melting snow. There is still snow left, but it may not last long at this rate. Also, the ice on the sea and on lakes is starting to melt. So, we may soon see the first spring flowers.

Here are three images from today. It was a gray day, but not too bad, as the cloud cover wasn't too thick. I walked a lot today, so much that my feet are hurting. But it is good hurting.

Update: I ordered a polarizing filter and a ND4 filter for the LX3, to complement my existing UV and ND8 filters. Perhaps some other things would be nice to have also. With the ND4 and ND8 filters I'm able to do quite nice motion-blur photography even in bright spring/summer light, with factors of 4, 8 and 32.

2 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

We get lots of days that look pretty much the same here in Oregon. It's always fun to see how the photos will turn out.

Juha Haataja said...

There were some moments during the evening when the sky had a really impressive mixture of gray and blue tones in complicated structures. And just at that moment I didn't have the camera with me. But you take what you can get.