Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life is good (when you aren't too busy to notice)


Wood anemone, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Crooked pine, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Fields, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Birch, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Sometimes there is no reason to complain. Today we had a nice meal with the family, self-made chicken fajitas, a little bit of dry apple cider to drink, and coffee plus blueberry pie for dessert. And listening to Anne Briggs singing.

An enjoyable day. It is pity you are often too busy to notice how good life is.

Later today we had a long walk in the fields and forests, enjoying the sunshine. It was a bit colder than yesterday, and there was more wind, but it was nice. Together with the children we spotted signs of spring: flowers, leaves, grass. Soon it will be summer.

Here are four photographs taken today. I'm once again carrying the LX3 from a neck strap instead of putting it into a coat pocket. It is time of getting rid of coats.

I'm now keeping the extension tube on all the time. It gives protection to the lens, and makes it possible to use filters when needed. I have also noticed I'm now handling the LX3 the same way as I used to handle my SLR, with two hands, although the small size of the camera makes this unnecessary.

There are only a few days left until one can start with the SoFoBoMo project (May 1st). I'm not yet sure whether I'll start taking photographs for the "35 Trees" project right away, or wait for a suitable weekend.

2 comments:

Robert Longpré said...

I love the wood anemone photo. You managed very well to bring a sense of texture to the white of the flower, something difficult to do at the best of times. The quality of light makes all the difference. Good luck with sofobomo.

Juha Haataja said...

The result is thanks to the LightZone software, which often saves the day in cases like this.

I shot the image with trying to preserve all the highlights, and then everything else got of course really dark. But I managed to bring some of the color back to the shadows in LightZone. (The curse of the jpeg shooter, you need to get it right when you press the shutter button.)