Friday, April 3, 2009

A lot of walking - and waiting for SoFoBoMo


Clouds over reeds, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Drain, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Hole in snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Small red hut, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I have walked a lot this week, and most evenings my feet have been hurting because of the exercise. But the next morning I have been back to normal. It is apparent that I'm not quite in the same confition yet as before the flu, but I'm improving. It used to be that I could make 2-3 hour walks without tiring much, but now I get rather tired.

Here are some photographs from today. The day was partly clouded, and the clouds increased towards evening. But it was once again bright, and snow was melting away fast.

All kinds of interesting things appear now, changes are becoming faster and faster. The Finnish spring is a speedy thing, but sometimes we take some steps backward before moving forward towards summer again.

I haven't had much time to think about SoFoBoMo '09, which starts in less than a month. But I'm taking photographs and that is what matters. And there are all kinds of ideas for photography projects which keep popping up. I'm still committed to the "35 Trees" photobook idea, but other things are also possible. However, I'm not sure it is worthwhile to plan too much in advance. Let things take their course when the time comes.

4 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Found your blog through Phil's site. You have a really good eye for composition. I especially like the "drain" photo and the catkins.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks for the feedback! I just came back from a trip, 1224 km of driving the car in four days, so haven't had time to respond earlier.

Andreas said...

Uhh .. well ... I love #1 for its feeling of "vastness" (if that's a word) and of course #2, because it is psychedelic like an early Pink Floyd song. Yup! That's it :)

Juha Haataja said...

@Andreas: When I started to take photographs of the "drain" many others stopped as well to have a look at it. Pieces of wood etc. were caught in the whirling and went round and round. The next day all that had disappeared.