Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Change of vehicle (sort of)


Works, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Train, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Fence, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Here is a change of vehicle, once again, as regards the subject of photographs. Would you believe that what you see in the first photograph is a construction site of "west metro" in Helsinki. In a few years, I'll be able to go to Helsinki via the metro... Can't wait for it to happen.

Then there is the train - end of line station, in this case. And finally, a self-portrait. You did notice me on the bicycle in the photograph?

Speaking of the bicycle, Dennis asked about the price of the bicycle repair.

Well, the bicycle repair (350 euro) was about half of the price what I paid for the bicycle originally, so he was right that it was expensive. The bicycle was made by Rossano in Finland, simple one but durable.

(One can get bicycles much cheaper, but I didn't want one which breaks easily. I did some additions to the bicycle later, such as lock pedals, odometer etc., but nothing big.)

Divided by five years, the costs are not too bad. And it was quite a job. I had to have the back wheel completely replaced (except for the gear hub), as the rim was completely worn out. And so were the tires, chain etc. In fact, the new tires were the biggest individual cost (after work), over 70 euros. Previously I had Continental Contact tires, now I have Schwalbe Marathon Plus. Have to see if there is a difference. Both should be extremely resistant to tire punctures. (I didn't have any with Continental.)

No comments: