Sunday, August 8, 2010

Return to the pond (without too much luck)


Pond, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Dragonfly, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I returned to the pond where I got yesterday several nice photographs of a Brown Hawker laying eggs. Today I didn't have such luck.

There were many dragonflies, but they were busy flying or then they stayed too far away for me to take photographs with the LX3. I caught a small blue-tinted dragonfly in the second photograph, but you have to search a bit to see it there.

The LX3 isn't really intended for wildlife photography, so I'm not too disappointed. Would the LX5 been better? Well, it has a bit faster autofocus - although nowhere near a DSLR, it might still help. And of course the longer tele at 90 mm equiv. would be handy in such a setting.

No comments: