Monday, August 16, 2010

Driving 497 kilometers


Sticking, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

PYSÄHDY, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Helsinki, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I drove today to a meeting in Lappeenranta, and back again, with a colleague. There wasn't much else to do while in the car than talk, so we talked. And there was things to discuss at the meeting. Total trip was 497 kilometers, which took about six hours in a car. Afterwards, I felt tired, more tired than I was expecting.

The big sign on the top of the building is STOP in Finnish. And in the morning there was a moth which tried to get a ride on the car.

2 comments:

Jarno said...

Fortunately it is cheap fly e.g. from Munich to Lappeenranta (via Riga though). I'll do that on Friday again.
Perhaps I'll drop by at the harbour to see the sandcastle of the year too.

Juha Haataja said...

It was a pity we didn't have time to stay longer in Lappeenranta - my colleague had an appointment in Helsinki, and we barely made it.