Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The clock moves faster than we do

I commuted by bicycle today, and this morning I made a new record, 40 min 30 s, for the 16 km ride from home to work. This was mostly due to the fact that there was another bicycle rider in front of me for most of the way, and she was fast. When going uphill I was twice left behind, but I caught up on the level road. Having someone going fast in front was convenient, but I had to take care not to be too close to pose any danger in sudden situations.

Coming back home took about 55 minutes, as I felt a bit tired. But in any case, when I started to bicycle to work this spring, it took always over 55 minutes in the beginning, but now it usually takes about 45 minutes, which is rather nice improvement. It takes less time than by car and much less than by bus.

(Posting title is from the poem Lares and Penates by Caki Wilkinson.)

No comments: