Sunday, September 30, 2012

However ugly the parts appear the whole remains beautiful

I went with children to Pirttimäki today, and we had picnic in the forest there. Autumn colors start to be prominent, although not quite dominant yet. It was a fine clear day, although the ground was wet because of the rain we have had.

I have been learning the iPad during the weekend, experimenting how to use it properly. I had serious trouble in trying to sync photographs from Aperture via iTunes to the iPad, and today there appeared an update to Aperture, version 3.4.1: "Improves the reliability of syncing photos to iOS devices via iTunes." I do hope so!

Today I read two more books in the iPad. Well, one of the books I just browsed through, but the other I read from start to end, 223 pages of it.

However, the e-books on offer at the local library are a pitiful collection, not much there to interest me. I don't understand why there couldn't be an arrangement to have a large collection of books available with standardized formats and easy-to-use readers. Now there are several programs one needs to use, and none of them are intuitive when you first start using them.

(Posting title is from the poem The Answer by Robinson Jeffers.)

No comments: