Tuesday, January 21, 2014

And gone the shorter way

Today was a busy day, and I had to skip lunch as I had two overlapping meetings in which I had to make presentations. So it goes sometimes. On the other hand, I managed to finish some things, which felt good - although finishing in this case actually meant that I will get a lot more work to do at a later stage.

These photographs were taken in Meiko on January 18th, which was a bright and sunny day, and the cold (-12 °C or so) didn't feel so cold after walking for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't meet anyone while walking, and even though I heard the voices of a man and a child, I never saw them, the landscape being so rugged that it was hard to know what there is even 50 meters further ahead.

(Posting title is from the poem Chapter Heading by Ernest Hemingway.)

No comments: