Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sometimes I whispered, but the words disappeared

Today I planned to take a long walk, but then it turned out that there was quite a lot of things to do. A piece of paper went missing, and I searched for it for quite some time. Finally I thought that maybe it had fallen behind a book shelf, and thus I emptied the shelf of books, and moved it to see what was hidden behind. Well, there were half a dozen pieces of paper, but not the one I was looking for. But at least I got the books a bit better organized, and I also made a big pile of books which I'm going to take to the local library to be recycled.

It was somewhat late when I finally went for a walk with my daughter. We went to Luukki, walking by lake Myllyjärvi, Hauklampi and Hepolampi. Or in fact walking on these lakes, as the ice is quite thick already, and we took the opportunity to make shortcuts by walking on the ice across the lakes.

I bought a new piece of clothing for my bicycle commute, headwear made of merino wool. I think I now have everything to cope even with -20 °C coldness when commuting by bicycle. However, it is now ten degrees warmer than earlier this week, about -6 °C, and snow is starting to drop off the trees.

The photographs were taken on January 19th in Meiko.

(Posting title is from the poem The Sheep Who Fastened the Sky to the Ground by Oni Buchanan.)

No comments: