Sunday, April 6, 2014

And that for ten long years he wooed

I had quite a lot of things to do today, spring cleaning etc. I wasn't sure I would have any energy left to go for a walk, but then I thought that at least I could try.

And so I walked for 2 1/2 hours, which felt good. I walked very slowly, and this may be the reason I met animals that usually don't let come close. I was only 20 meters away from two white-tailed deer when they ran away. And a moose let me approach to 30 meters when it ran away. Of course, I only noticed the animals when they started running, they are so good in hiding. But the best thing was when near lake Tränuhals I listened to a pair of whooper swan telling everyone that the lake is theirs.

The above photograph was taken at lake Kurkijärvi in Tremanskärr on March 21st.

(Posting title is from the poem Love by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.)

No comments: