Sunday, April 13, 2014

I don’t know much about dreams

I got 13 hours of exercise this week, 8 hours riding the bicycle and 5 hours walking. And during the weekend I washed all the windows in the house, which took over two hours. I'm physically rather tired, but it is not a bad feeling.

Today I walked for 2 1/2 hours in Luukki in the Ketunkorpi area, exploring the forested hills and swamps. There is still a little bit of ice left in the shadowed places between the hills. When I was returning, I saw on a lake a pair of rather big birds - might have been Gavia stellata - swimming and diving. Bird migration is proceeding.

Here in Finland on the Sunday before Easter children get dressed as easter witches. Then they go from house to house and get candy. When our three daughters were small the preparation for this was quite a big thing.

This year only the two youngest ones went from house to house, and they did get quite a lot of candy. This might have been the last year when this happens.

The photographs were taken in Meiko on March 24th.

(Posting title is from the poem Sleeping Trees by Fady Joudah.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FABULOUS photos...thanks for the momentary break from reality to daydream about Finland...

Juha Haataja said...

Thank you Cassie. It is indeed good that there are still some quiet places with unspoiled nature to cherish.