Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Was so transparent that the scene came through

These photographs were taken on March 16th, showing the winter landscape we had after the snowfall.

So far this year I have got only about 600 km of riding the bicycle while commuting. Most weeks I have commuted by bicycle only on two days, and a couple of weeks I didn't use the bicycle at all. But if the weather holds like now - no snow or ice - there will be quite a lot of more kilometers this month, 32 km each day.

During the winter I have spend much more hours walking in forests and swamps than riding the bicycle, but this typically changes in spring and early summer, when I tend to commute by bicycle almost daily, and thus have less need to exercise otherwise. But this again changes during the summer vacation, when I don't need to commute by bicycle but can instead go for (really) long walks. The only problem nowadays is that I have gotten to know the nearby forests and swamps almost too well, and there is not much that I haven't yet explored.

(Posting title is from the poem The Triumph of Life by Percy Bysshe Shelley.)

No comments: