Monday, November 30, 2015

Is daily going on before our eyes

The photographs were taken in Luukki on October 31st.

This morning I walked for 3 h 20 min at Kytäjä-Usmi outdoor area. Even though today is a rainy day, there was a break in the rain between 9 am and 12 am, and I got only a little wet. However, the paths were flooded and so soft that you had to take care, because even tall rubber boots were not tall enough in some places.

I started walking from lake Piilolammi, went north along the Piilonsuo swamp, which was really interesting place to explore, and walked via Kypäränsuo swamp to lake Iso-Kypärä. Then I walked to lake Kiiskilampi, using the compass, across the forest where there were no paths to follow. From the south end of lake Kiiskilampi I found a little path going to lake Mäkiperänlampi, and then it was easy going, following the wide path past lake Pitkännokanlampi and lake Pikku-Piilo to where I started. I didn't hear or see any people at Kytäjä-Usmi, and there were no cars at the parking place either.

Last week I got 14 hours of exercise. This week started quite well, but perhaps I should take a rest day at some point.

(Posting title is from the poem A Vision of Poesy by Henry Timrod.)

No comments: