Sunday, August 24, 2008

Comments on the review of Panasonic LX3 by Lawrence Ripsher

I have read through the excellent review of Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 by Lawrence Ripsher. Some of his usability preferences are different to mine, but I'm a novice, so there. The point about aperture priority being the best way to use a camera rings true, though. My old Minolta XG-1 doesn't have any other way (except full manual).

But coming back to the review... The detailed high-ISO analysis was extremely helpful. So I'm almost sold on LX3, just need to wait what Canon announces in response (if anything). Thinking of the dark Finnish winters, this is the best compact camera there currently is. But in any case, Panasonic is doing a service to the camera market by thinking different from Canon and Nikon - I hope these follow the example.

No comments: