Friday, August 1, 2008

Evening light


Lake, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I spent four days by a lake at Anjalankoski (Finland). I took about 800 photographs, of which 500 were of nature and landscape and the rest were of the family.

The limitations of my Canon Digital Ixus 400 were quite apparent, so I didn't get even close of capturing photos of the dragonflies hovering over the water and flying over the grass. With slower-moving targets I was a bit more lucky. I'll have a look at the photos to see whether I learned something.

Also, I took about 80 photos of children playing with young frogs by the lake, and a few of those succeeded really nice. Taking these photos was a bit difficult to the slow focusing and shutter lag of the Ixus 400, but I learned to anticipate what would happen next. And just took a lot of photos.

No comments: