Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Only moving does it have a soul

End of November, and still no snow. It has been good for commuting by bicycle, though. This morning there were some icy patches on the way, but mostly it was dry and safe to ride the bicycle.

My bicycle commute takes almost 1 1/2 hours (more during the winter), and 1-3 days each week is already plenty of exercise.

I have still summer tires on, although I have a good pair of studded winter tires for the bicycle: 240 studs in the front and 106 in the back. This works well on ice; it is often better on the bicycle than walking with ordinary shoes.

This year I'm not sure if I'll change the tires. Have to see. I have had some falls off the bicycle during the winter season - it is almost inevitable. And if we get snow it would be great to go cross-country skiing during the weekends.

No comments: