Sunday, February 16, 2014

As a page melts and a photograph develops in the backyard

Lots of fallen trees, not the easiest terrain for walking, but for enjoying the landscape, this is how it should be.

On Saturday I visited Ateneum with the children, having a look at the Rafael Wardi exhibition there - paintings full of color and light. There were lots of paintings I greatly enjoyed, but maybe a bit surprisingly the biggest impression came from a couple of watercolors, which showed that Wardi is a master of that medium in addition to oil and pastels.

Afterwards, we had a very nice late lunch in a Chinese restaurant. And still later I went for a walk in Tremanskärr, walking across the swamp, following the impressions of my earlier footsteps. A lot of the snow had melted, and some new snow had fallen on top, but my earlier track was still visible. A couple of other people had walked there, criss-crossing my tracks, and there were plenty of marks left by roe deer as well.

(Posting title is from the poem The Late Wisconsin Spring by John Koethe.)

No comments: