Saturday, February 1, 2014

Softly, blanketing roofs

There is now 18-22 cm of snow on the ground, and some more snow is to be expected on Sunday and Monday. I got 2 1/2 hours of exercise today, a little bit of shoveling snow, going sledding with my youngest daughter to a nearby hill, and finally taking a long walk in Luukki around lakes Väärälampi, Mustlampi and Halkolampi. That felt good.

Thanks to being a bit sloppy with the map, I managed to explore parts of Luukki where I haven't been ever before. But I found back to the car just fine. (Though I must admit I was slightly surprised when I realized I was standing just beside the small hill where the parking place is.)

The photograph was taken on January 23rd in Helsinki. I have quite a backlog of photographs waiting for processing, but somehow there doesn't seem to be time to start doing it.

(Posting title is from the poem February Snow by Francisco Aragón.)

No comments: