Thursday, February 6, 2014

The god of trees, the king of horses

I commuted by bicycle yesterday, and it was a bumpy ride, because snow and snow slush had frozen. Also, I now have a somewhat longer route to work, as part of the way is now covered by skiing tracks and I have to circle around. But still, it was good to be riding the bicycle and not stuck in the traffic jam in a car (even though that sometimes allows the taking of photographs).

These photographs were taken in Meiko on January 26th, when I went for a walk with my daughter to lake Tränuhals and back. It was a cold day, and we didn't meet anyone while walking, even though some tracks of people were visible. Someone had even pulled a sled to Tränuhals and back.

(Posting title is from the poem Horses on the Grass by Grace Schulman.)

No comments: