Monday, December 22, 2008

Clouds parted


Evening at a playground, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Night clouds over a park, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

We had a change in weather this night, as the clouds parted and the dark winter sky became visible. This morning we had a little bit of snow, but that disappeared in hours. It seems that the next days will be colder, a bit below freezing, so the ground may dry up a bit. At least I hope so, there is now mud everywhere.

I did only a little photography today. We went for a short walk during the evening, when it was still raining a bit. But then the sky cleared, and I managed to take a couple of photos where the night sky was visible. The clouds are more colorful in the photos than in reality, although you could guess at the red color from the slight tint visible to the eye.

I'm getting extremely sleepy, because of the short sleep last night. But going to bed early will cure that problem. It is fortunate that some things are sometimes relatively easy to fix.

Update: I added another photo from the walk this evening. It was nice to see the sky and the stars. A welcome change - most days have been overcast this winter.

Update 2: It is interesting how the net connects in surprising ways. I noticed that DigitalFotoNetz was linking to Light Scrape, and went to have a look at the discussion forums. There seems to be some interest in the LX3 in Germany (as well as here in Finland on a similar forum). I managed even to practice my badly rusted German there, although it was quite difficult to remember the right phrases. On the other hand, at school I had the opposite problem, mixing German with Swedish so that I had trouble answering in Swedish examinations. For some reason German "overrode" Swedish in my head. But in any case: Gute Nacht!

2 comments:

Andreas said...

I'm only catching up now with blog reading. Two days with a lot of images plus Christmas, well, that's devastating to my habits :)

It's really interesting to see so much snow here in Carinthia and green lawns in Finland. Is this normal, or do you have uncommonly low amounts of snow this year? Actually, before I knew you, I would have suspected Finland to have extremely long and cold winters with massive amounts of snow. Seems like I don't know much of the world :)

Juha Haataja said...

Well, having cold and snow is how I also see Finnish winters, but the previous and this one have been exceptions. Year ago we snow only at the end of January, this one seems to be a bit similar.

Is this due to the climate change? At least we have had a bit of weird weather during the recent times.