Monday, December 15, 2008

One for the road


Rose berry, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I did a lot of experimenting with Photoshop, PTGui Pro and LightZone with my photos from Sunday, but I'm not sure if I learned much. Some of the experiments related to multiple exposure and HDR type work, some others in trying to increase the impact of photos by tuning them a bit.

But I'm clearly a beginner, as all of the experiments more or less resulted in either failure - the results was worse than original - or not a significant improvement or change.

So, to end a day, here is a photo of one of the rare remaining rose berries we have here in Finland. I didn't manipulate this photo much, except a little bit of tuning in iPhoto. Thus this photo is a good way to end my experiments for now. Natural is best I guess, at least until I learn to be a better manipulator.

No comments: