Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Colors of the night


Shapes at night, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Path, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Once again, this was a clouded day, and there wasn't much inspiration for photography (especially as much of the daylight time was spent in a shopping mall).

But I took a couple of photos during an evening walk outside. It was windy and a few degrees below zero (Celcius), so I had some trouble keeping my fingers warm. And I'm not sure whether I like the landscapes colored by city lights reflected from clouds. But they are certainly different from normal, that is for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's certainly an unusual combination, those city lights and the more rural area. I'll have to try that myself sometime...

Juha Haataja said...

I didn't pay much attention to the color of the clouds until I started to do night-time photography.

For those interested in astronomy the city lights are a great nuisance, you don't need even clouds for them to spoil the seeing. (Dust etc. particles are enough.)