Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A lens adapter for the LX3


Wet Christmas, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

As I wrote a week ago, I ordered from eBay an accessory for my LX3, "Lens Adapter UV Filter Set for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3". I have been a bit worried about the lens getting wet with all this rain, and with the extension tube the lens is better protected.

Today I got the package, and it fit the LX3 perfectly, including the UV filter and the lens cap. It seems to be quite good quality also, aluminium with black paint, similar in style to my LX3. With the adapter the camera is a bit bulkier, but not so much. And the filter is easier to keep clean than the lens.

This evening I didn't have much time for photography as there were all kind of things I needed to do (and still need to do), but I had the camera with me. Here is a quick snapshot of a shop window and the wet handlebar of a bicycle. Perhaps there is a some kind of contrast here.

Update: Speaking of wetness, it was reported that this autumn has been the second rainiest in 50 years in Finland. (The worst - or best, depending how you look at it - was autumn 1974).

Update 2: I forgot to point out The Daily Photography of Andreas Manessinger, he has given us a great deal of very fine bicycle photos, with much more finesse and style than I'm able to do.

No comments: