Friday, January 9, 2009

Admiring the moon (and planning photo books)


Touch the moon, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Moonlighted, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Curtailed moon, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today we had an almost full moon. The weather changed direction once again - from yesterday it warmed up from -10 °C to +2 °C, and now the temperature is falling again towards -10 °C. We also got some fresh snow, but the clouds started to thin out during the evening.

I had little time for photography today, but here are some moonshots from a nearby park.

I'm getting interesting in making photo books from my recent photos - both the family photos and the others. I looked at the iPhoto system, and it looked rather easy to use. But I don't know of the quality. Other choices are at least Shutterfly and Blurb. I downloaded the Blurb software, and will try it out. It seems about as easy to use as iPhoto, and it has a direct interface to Flickr. Perhaps I'll try both - iPhoto for the family photos, and Blurb for the landscape etc. photos at Flickr.

I won't make a big deal out of this, just invent some kind of concept, do some shuffling of the photos to get some coherence, and if everything seems to be okay, I will order one or two copies of the resulting book (perhaps 20 pages is a good choice for a start). Have to see how this turns out.

What kind of experiences you have? (There is an ongoing experiment - much more advanced - at The Landscapist.)

No comments: