Saturday, January 17, 2009

Undeleted photographs


Crossing, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Windows, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Blue and white, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Yesterday after sunset I took a few "city lanscapes", using higher ISO than usually, and even then I had to use 1/4 ... 1/5 second exposures handheld.

It is not a good idea to select and postprocess photographs when you are tired. I deleted all of the city landscape photographs thinking them failures.

But today I had another look (thanks to "deleted" photographs not really being deleted until you empty the trash in iPhoto). A few of the photographs were quite ok, although a bit noisy (I have turned noise reduction down to -2 in the LX3), but still not bad for a compact camera. So, here is a tale of three rescued photographs from yesterday.

Update: I seems that there was even less light than I thought. The last photograph was taken with a handheld 0.4 second exposure at ISO 400. Suprise that it succeeded at all.

No comments: