Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A gray, gray, gray day


Dirty, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today was another in the series of gray days, only more so. I wasn't much inspired by photography, except for trying to take motion-blur photos while going downhill in a sled.

All those photos failed because I was using too long exposure - 1/4 to 1/2 seconds - making everything a uniform blur. Perhaps 1/50 to 1/10 seconds would have been better, but then there is the problem of holding the camera properly, and also the loose snow which was streaming towards the camera. So, I limited my experiments to one time only.

This photo shows a bit of the grayness of today. The snow is also getting dirty, it is no longer fresh-looking. And all colors seem to be washed out because of the snow and the heavy cloud cover.

I hope it will get better tomorrow, but it seems that there will be clouds, clouds, clouds.

No comments: