Wednesday, August 29, 2012

If anything fits, it’s accidental

I feel tired. Maybe it is due to the bicycle commute, but I took it rather slow today. Or maybe it is just the general autumn hurry which is exhausting.

In any case, I haven't had much energy for taking photographs recently, even though I have been reading about photography. Today I posted a review (in Finnish) of the book Camera and Lens: The Creative Approach by Ansel Adams, a book which I did like a lot although the technology discussed is certainly out of date these days.

Posting title is from the poem Dreams by Wisława Szymborska, translated from the Polish by Clare Cavanagh and Stanislaw Baranczak. I have borrowed a book of her poems, 100 poems translated into Finnish, from the library, and she really is something. Also, some of her poems use photography terms explicitly (such as the poem Negative) while others feel like photographs. Recommended!

No comments: