Thursday, August 9, 2012

If you find yourself lost, dig

While commuting by bus I once again read a book, and most of the time I was not even aware where the bus was going. Luckily I noticed time passing and managed to get off the bus at the right stop. The danger of too good a book...

Near University of Helsinki main building there was a small boy posing on top of a concrete pole, urging his grandmother (?) to take a photo. "But I don't have a camera with me..." "Use your phone!" "It doesn't have a camera..."

What a disappointment! ... It is interesting how used we are becoming to having a camera with us always.

(Posting title is from the poem Elsewhere, Mon Amour by Nick Flynn.)

2 comments:

Jarno said...

Also for Helsinki region interested:
I came across this Flickr collection of wonderful architecture photos. It gave hints for me (a local) too.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks - kiitoksia!

Fine collection of photographs, great skill, a lot of effort required.