Wednesday, August 1, 2012

If I were a swift cloud to fly with thee

I commuted by bicycle today, 32 km in all, and it didn't rain even though the forecast promised some. After dinner I went for a walk with two oldest daughters to Petikko, where it was nice and sunny and the wind kept most mosquitoes away.

I have been updating my computer backups today, those which I store away from home just in case of a fire or such. It was a bit longer process than usual because of the OS upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion, but I managed to get it done (almost ready).

I have needed to restore from a backup at home just once when a hard disk was corrupted, but that one case was enough to be serious about backups. That time I had a fresh Time Machine backup which save the day, now I have Time Machine plus a separate hard disk where I make straight copies of the important files (photographs, music, movies etc.).

(Posting title is from the poem Ode to the West Wind by Percy Bysshe Shelley.)

No comments: