Wednesday, February 11, 2015

And to do what can’t be done

I'm feeling somewhat blue. This may be due to exercise, as I commuted by bicycle, and it is heavier than during summer, because of studded winter tires, and there is gravel, snow and ice on the road.

Also, it may be due to the workload, which has been intense since the beginning of the year. Lots of choices to make, all kinds of obstacles to overcome, and work-in-progress things providing endless surprises.

But on the other hand, this blue is not unhappy blue. Rather, it is interesting, challenging, sometimes even meditative.

(Posting title is from the poem A Vision of a Wrangler, of a University, of Pedantry, and of Philosophy by James Clerk Maxwell.)

2 comments:

SHE said...

Oh! I am not even done with my weekly visit.. But had to stop here..

Memory successfully triggered

Blue 1 and blue 2.. exactly as they are positioned here.. Because you have in blue 2..

A man throwing up his arms in the famous 'I dont know what to do" gesture

Just below blue 1 where we see.. That Frickin' fork in the road again..

May I share here an excerpt from one of my poems.. Inspired of course! By Robert frost and life experience:

Two roads diverged in a yellow woods

and I

I took the one well paved

Now am a cliche!

should have went the other way..

Who put that Frickin fork in the road anyway

,,,

can laugh about it now.. But took a few years..

OK.. Continuing my visit now..

Blessings!

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks! Robert Frost is inspiring indeed.