Friday, February 20, 2015

Held up before my eyes a glass

In the news today there was an article about people, especially young men, getting too little physical exercise. One hour per day was the recommendation.

I gained some weight during the darkest time of the year, but this week and the previous one have been helping in going down with the weight, getting at least 1 1/2 hours of exercise each day. There is still 2 kg to go until I'm at where I was last summer, but this is not bad, it is over 10 kg less weight than three years ago.

Here are some blurry photographs, taken while walking on January 25th, which was one of the dark days. Exposure was 0.3...0.5 second, f/1.7, ISO 800.

(Posting title is from the poem Renascence by Edna St. Vincent Millay.)

2 comments:

Markus said...

Those images work for me, especially #2 and #3. Both the darkness of the hour and the energy of the movement show in them.

You are right, exercise is lacking in our totally sitting lifestyle (as you are, I am working for the administration, too). As there is no possibility for doing something else, I have resorted to at least walk all my ways, whenever possible, avoiding elevators, public transport and so on. But it's not much.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, Markus!

Indeed, there is so much sitting most days that it is a wonder that one is able to function properly.

Fortunately, we have at work so-called standing up desks, which can be raised up with a press of a button. That is at least a little bit of change to the typical work day.