Sunday, February 8, 2015

Down the clear shaft of  your eye

I went today for a walk in Luukki, around lake Vääräjärvi, following the footsteps of snowshoes, and also walking across the unbroken snow. The depth of snow is 28 cm, according to Finnish Meteorological Institute, but in some place there was almost half a meter of snow. The tall rubber boots proved to be the right choice for the walk. It was good exercise.

In my teens I did some forestry work with my father during winter, felling trees, cutting them into logs, and piling the logs. And then later on we pulled the logs into bigger piles by the roadside using a horse driven sled. That was quite heavy work, even though a motor saw obviously helped a lot.

I'm feeling somewhat tired. I got nine hours of exercise this week, which isn't that much, but at least something. Next week I'll try to commute by bicycle on most days.

(Posting title is from the poem Lonely Deep Affection by CA Conrad.)

No comments: