Saturday, May 18, 2013

And cheep and twitter twenty million loves

Did I tell that my Twitter account was restored from suspension? No explanation was given for the suspension, but my requests for restoring access had some effect, after over three days of no access to the Twitter account. I'm not too happy with how Twitter handled the situation, it seems that this is a company that doesn't have much resources in terms of customer support.

And apparently I'm not the only one with similar problems. Funnily enough, Twitter sent me a weekly message "Here's what's trending on Twitter this week", and one of the trending topics was suspension of Twitter accounts. But it seems that here the reason was too frequent use of period (.) in the start of Twitter messages, which I never do, as I haven't used the reply function, only occasional retweets. For me, no explanation was given for the suspension.

I have been a user since 2007 or so, with 2,296 tweets, 67 followers and 62 users to follow. I would say I'm rather modest user, selective in what I do with Twitter.

After the case of the account suspension I'm not sure how much I'll be using Twitter in the future. It has some good points, being much less "social" than Facebook or Google+, both of which I find offensive in their urging to enlarge networks and follow people. Twitter seems to be opposite - after the account suspension it felt as if they don't want users at all.

(Posting title is from the poem The Princess: O Swallow by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.)

No comments: